Dartmoor Tinworking Research Group
- DTRG's areas of interest and work are: exploration of the mines and tin works of Dartmoor and its surrounding area;conservation and promotion of some of the nineteenth-century mining sites and buildings;
assisting field surveys of both medieval and nineteenth-century tinworking features and remains; documentary, oral and other research on aspects of the Dartmoor tin industry and associated activities. DTRG also offers walks and social outings to other mining, industrial and archaeological areas of the South West.
Dartmoor Trust Archive
- The Dartmoor Trust Archive is home to 20,000 images dating back over 100 years. The collection has recently been expanded, made more interactive and includes documents, audio and video content.
Devon History Society
- The Devon History Society promotes the study of all aspects of Devon's history. It runs lectures, seminars, conferences, visits, workshops and projects. DHS publishes a peer reviewed journal each autumn, and a bi-annual newsletter. One may join as an individual, household or life member, and local history societies may affiliate to the DHS.
Moretonhampstead Local History Society
- MLHS holds monthly lectures and field trips in the wider historical sphere, not just Moretonhampstead. In addition to lectures on local history the Society gathers archival material in original form and in copies, and publishes works on local history themes.
The Dartmoor Society
- The Dartmoor Society is an independent, lively group dedicated to sharing well-researched information and promoting the well-being of Dartmoor and its communities.
Founded in 1998, it offers its members a substantial Newsletter (three times a year), plus a wide range of interesting visits, social events and opportunities to engage with up-to-date expert opinion.
The Devon Rural Archive
- The Devon Rural Archive is a unique local resource dedicated to promoting a greater understanding of Devon's domestic rural architecture and associated landscapes.The DRA was launched in 2006 by the Fenwick Charitable Trust with the aim of providing a much needed resource focussed on the building and landscape heritage of this county and provides a research facility for historians, archaeologists and genealogists.
The Devonshire Association
- The Devonshire Association for the Advancement of Science, Literature and the Arts was founded in 1862 and is dedicated to the study and appreciation of all matters relating to Devon. It has a number of sections, including History and Industrial Archaeology.